Galka (Ust Kulalinka) was founded in August of 1764 as an Evangelical colony. There were 43 families made up of 84 men, 73 women, for a total of 157 settlers. These settlers came mostly from Hesse and the areas of the upper Rhine in the period of 1763 to 1767. Galka had a total land amount of 7,000 desyatina (1 desyatina=2.7 acres). About one third of this land was suitable for farming and hay making.
Click here to go to the Galka web site.